Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Water Check

In the middle of a torrential downpour so I got out of bed to check my studio in the basement to make sure it wasn't flooding. So far so good. Have to make sure my valuable beads don't float away. I was getting kind of complacent until a few weeks ago when our super secret undercover FBI agent neighbor's basement flooded. His basement has different kinds of flooding issues that ours, but I know the previous owners spent a lot of cash to get the problems fixed (we all did) and now the problems are back. Our new neighbor is also doing all kinds of work and improvements outside, making us look like slackers. I've been trying to make him feel silly by saying things like, "Oh yeah, we used to to try to make the place look nice when we first moved in too, but eventually we got smart and realized it was a hopeless cause." But I don't think I'm making much headway. This new guy, he has ambitions.

Didn't get much sleep last night. Chris didn't come home from work until almost 3 a.m. and then he got two work calls and was up from 5 until 7 fixing stuff. His phone is still beeping, but he's sleeping through it. He's usually pretty nice to the people who call and wake him up, but when I wake him up and ask him to make me a sandwich it's always "I'm sleeping!" Well excuse me! At least I now understand his priority list. 1. Keeping the Internet running. 2. Sleeping. 3. My sandwich.

I just had a Tender Buttons moment. She's probably just arriving at the convention center in Baltimore for day 2 of the Maryland bar.

Good Morning. I'm going to fix my own damn sandwich.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I really was arriving at the convention center (well, the parking lot down the block) at that time, an hour early, because I was obsessively scared of sleeping in, hitting traffic, etc.

Watch out for that neighbor. If he is any good at FBI-ing, he probably checks your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home