Sunday, February 13, 2005

Smoke Him Out

Last week when I ate Chris' turkey chili I had some partial contractions and thought it would just be a matter of hours before I went to the hospital. We decided to give chili another try tonight and had dinner at the Hard Times Cafe. Only just now did the irony of the restaurant's name strike me.

Jill Alexander Essbaum sent me some interesting information about the 14th, 15th and the 16th (the date I'll be induced if nature is stubborn).

As we all know, the 14th is Valentine's Day, the patron saint of love, lust, sex and all things wonderfully naughty. But the 15th is St. Claude de la Combierre--patron saint of toymakers. At least that's what Jill said, the online info I found said that was June 6, but I couldn't find much on it. I'm a little freaked out by who shares my son's potential birthday. I don't want him to share a birthday with Kim Jong Il (16th) or worse, Jaromir Jagr (15th).

Got news that MiPO's guest editor Gabe Gudding selected one of my poems for the "weird" issue coming out this summer.

Good news is always good news and always welcome, but come on, don't be coy, let's get this show on the road already. Mama wants to walk up a flight of stairs!

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Chris would love a little hockey protege! Giddy Morrow sounds like a hockey player too!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger RL said...

We prefer Mario and I'm not holding Gideon in until Oct. 5.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaromir Jagr Weather!

I still am not 100% convinced you're pregnant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home