Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Wanna Be

A few more fake-out wanna-be contraction-like something or other late this evening. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning and will see what she says.

Sunday night I sent out submissions to a couple online journals, figured I might not have a chance to get stuff out for a while so might as well do it now. I heard back from one place in just a couple hours and this evening received galleys! To think Molly and I brag about our 2 - 6 week response time. The editor said the poems will come out in April.

Happy news, a good way to start a potentially stressful week. Of course, I don't know what will be more stressful, going into labor or waiting around for labor to happen.

The nursery is officially 100% complete. Picked up the otterman this evening at Buy Buy Baby.

Been working on some thieving blog poems, but haven't been pleased with what I've ended up with so far.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Blogger C. Dale said...

Congrats on the speediest acceptance I have ever heard of to date!

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Definitely, 'waiting for labor to start,' will be the most stressful. Sounds like you're getting ready though, lot's o' braxton hicks contractions, your body is warming up. Congrats on the acceptance, Rockstar!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on the forthcoming baby AND the forthcoming poems. Let us know when we can read 'em online!

dba

 

Post a Comment

<< Home