Friday, February 11, 2005

Received Today

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak (with matching stuffed toys)

William Shakespeare Action Figure (with removable quill pen & book -- oooh, they have an Oscar Wilde one too!)

From Kelly Cockerham. Thank you!

------

Eat Well, Lose Weight While Breastfeeding by Eileen Behan, R.D.
Get Your Body Back: Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Get Fit After Having Your Baby by Anita Weil Bell
The Pocket Stylist by Kendall Farr
The Lucky Shopping Manual by Kim France and Andrea Linett

Still waiting for From Baby to Bikini : Keep Your Midsection Toned SAFELY during Pregnancy and Flatten Your Abdominals FAST after You Have Your Baby by Doug Stumpf, Greg Waggoner

Anytime now Amazon!

Obviously I'm starting to think about the direction of my new mommy persona/style. I had originally been thinking the "healthy/energetic mommy with mussy hair and big hoop earrings" route, but as each day goes by I'm getting a little more bitter. Now I'm seriously considering "desperate for attention, age-innapropriate-dress mommy" -- you know, start wearing the latest teen trends, fronting my stuff and asking Gideon's friends things like "How old do you think I am?" and "I still got it, don't I?" I can hear myself saying it now, "Mrs. Livingston was my grandmother. Call me Rebbie. Would you like a Zima?"

I swear, if he makes me wait until the 16th to get induced, he'll be in plaid blazers and bow-ties until he's 12.

4 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

Do all of it. You're gorgeous, you'll be more gorgeous after. Everything but the hoop earrings-- one tiny finger through those and a swift pull down and you'll want to seal Gideon into a tree until he's 39.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Charles said...

Ooh! I am ALL for age-inappropriate dress mommy. Sounds HOT.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Charles said...

P. S. I dreamed last night that you went into labor. Why am I dreaming about you? I guess I'm anxious about it.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger RL said...

I hope you dreamed about me because you have untapped psychic powers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home