Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Hatching of Emily Chickenson

From Jill Alexander Essbaum:

Emily Chickenson's Stationery Store!

www.emilychickenson.com

For those of you who don't know what this is all about, the short version: I learned to cook this year. I baked chickens. They were so purty I took their pictures. That got boring after awhile. I began dressing them in rudimentary costumes. It was funny. Enough people thought it was funny that I started from scratch and built little sets-- tableaux, if you will. I punned. I cooked. I photographed. No two chickens are the same. It's funnier that way. The capon is a capon and the turkey is a turkey. Most of these got eaten, afterwards (we stopped at The Last Chicken Supper, as it somehow seemed sacreligious and, as well, the house reeked of chicken).

Single cards are $2.00 apiece.

A set of all 12 images are $16.50.

A set of 10 Christmas cards (Bethle-Hen) are $10.00.


If you live in Austin, I'll deliver to you (so, like, support yer local artist!).

I should have the 2006 calendar ready by the end of the week, beginning of next, and will add that to the website as soon as I do.

And even if this doesn't interest you, could you-- mebbe?-- forward the link to peeps (ha!) in your address book who might be intrigued?

Remember.... stationery makes an excellent holiday gift! (Um, as does copies of Oh Forbidden and Heaven...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home