Sunday, March 12, 2006

HSH

I'll post a list of books traded and picked up at AWP when they get here -- they're in the boxes with the unsold/ungifted Bedside Guides that Jill Alexander Essbaum is shipping back to me. I can't even begin to describe how many times Jill took care of my ass at the conference. So of course I repay her generosity by nearly slamming a truck door on her face. Also, I wasn't prepared for how wonderful and kind people were going to be -- I mean, I wasn't expecting to get sucker-punched or anything like that -- but the kindness was overwhelming. More evidence I spend way too much time online. On the plane ride home all I could think about was how I didn't spend nearly enough time with anyone -- and I was almost always surrounded by people while I was there.

I'm done pimping books at tables -- from here on out I'm going to be all about the people. Tomorrow I'm changing my life.

Heh, heh.

So very good to be home.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger RL said...

You were a little uppity -- but I still feel bad about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home