Wednesday, July 28, 2004

My Prescription Has Run Out

So my neighbor's basement did flood this morning. He came over a little while ago and asked if it was OK if he took another look at our sump pump (the third and latest one) we installed ourselves in the window well. This is the third time he's looked at it -- and well, I'm getting suspicious. Maybe his basement hasn't flooded at all and he's just using it as an excuse to get a closer look at my studio. Maybe I'm under some kind of investigation? I have long standing associations with a number of unsavory types and some of our correspondances are stored in the basement.

He's crouched in the well, talking on his cell phone. It sounds like he's talking about the pump, but maybe it's just a code? Or maybe he's not talking to anyone at all but taking pictures with the phone while pretending to have a conversation? And that time he "used my telephone" when he clearly had lock picking super-powers -- maybe he installed a listening device?

I should change my name to Reb Deadpebble and take a long vacation.

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let him mess with your pump - he already flooded his own house!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, click on some of your ad links. They're for basement waterproofing today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home