Friday, July 30, 2004

One Less Thing To Do

Finished my short, succinct artist narrative and put together a manuscript for the Virginia Commission for the Arts Fellowship. I'll mail the completed application tomorrow and it should get there in plenty of time for the August 2 deadline. Not sure what my chances are since I don't have any connections to VA creative writing programs or associations, but we'll see. Results should be posted in October.

I really need to get more involved in the DC and Virginia literary communities. Makes no sense to be a shut-in.

7 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the artist narrative like an artistic statement?

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Abulsme said...

Repetition is a valuable literary device.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger RL said...

Yeah, like I did that on purpose. It looked fine last night before I went to bed. I'm blaming the repetition on blogger.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger RL said...

The "artist narrative" explains how I plan to use the fellowship funds, how it will affect my artistic development and why its important that I receive a fellowship at this time.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger jose said...

I hope you didn't forget to include a line item for me in your budget.

Good luck!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger RL said...

You will be included in the line that states: "pay $10 to every person who reads my blog."

Come and get your free money!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home